“There is a ‘higher, more personal, order of beauty,’ only achievable when artists or craftsmen make works by hand”
— Bernard Leach
Classes at Pinch celebrate working with your hands. Feel the clay; create textures, shapes and vessels. Discover moments of self-realisation or “ah” moments of perfect expression. It’s therapeutic! The objects will never just be useful; how can they be, when there is so much scope to express your inner artist?
- clay preparation (e.g. wedging, recyling)
- handbuilding (e.g. pinching, slab-building, coiling)
- glazing (e.g. dipping, spraying, painting)
- the warm company of like-minded participants
- an engrossing engagement of mind and body
- the exciting experience of art-making
- a uniquely individual vessel/shape to keep
Want to find out more?
Check our FAQs